Our CEO, John Oppenheimer, launched Seattle-based Columbia Hospitality in 1995 after being selected by the Port of Seattle to manage the new Bell Harbor International Conference Center on Seattle's waterfront. Since its inception, the company has steadily grown its portfolio, employing more than 1,600 team members at properties in Washington, Idaho, Montana, California, New Mexico and Hawaii. In addition to expanding our management portfolio, Columbia has consulted on over 100 hospitality projects worldwide. Our consulting division has provided market assessments, pre-opening sales, marketing, programming assistance, and pro forma development services for a wide range of hospitality projects.
WHY COLUMBIA HOSPITALITY?
Our team members are our number one asset:
- 100 Best Companies to Work For, Seattle Business Magazine
- Turnover at 36.1%, compared to the industry average of 72% (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Glassdoor.com rating average of 4.5 out of 5, with 98% approval of CEO
- Columbia Hospitality Academy, Online Learning Platform and Certified Training Program
We create exceptional experiences for our guests:
- Guest experience rating of 91.7% according to Unifocus survey metrics
- 4.25 out of 5.0 on the top review sites (TripAdvisor, Yelp, Facebook, Google+, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com)
- Over 85% of guests would recommend Columbia Hospitality properties
- 75% of our properties are in the Top 5 in their market on TripAdvisor (Popularity Index)
We strive for meaningful, long-term partnerships with our clients that are founded on individual attention and tailor-made solutions:
- Columbia hotels average 115.4% of RevPAR share relative to their competitive set
- Columbia hotels have enjoyed double digit annual growth in GOP over the past five years
OUR VALUES AND PHILOSOPHY
At Columbia Hospitality, the foundation for our success is our values, which drive our interactions with guests, team members, and owners. These core values, clear vision and strong passion for creating exceptional experiences have been an integral part of Columbia’s success and growth.
We bring passion and fun to every aspect of what we do.
We treat all people with courtesy and regard.
We apply our imagination to innovate and improve guest experiences.
We act with integrity and are truthful in our interactions.
We are genuine in expressing our perspectives.
We take responsibility for the results of our actions.
At Columbia Hospitality, our mission is OMG! Own the Values. Make it Fun. Get it Done. Contact us today, and let us help you achieve success.