Giveaway Terms & Conditions
- ELIGIBILITY: The Giveaway is open to legal residents of Arizona (AZ), California (CA), Colorado (CO), Idaho (ID), Montana (MT), New Mexico (NM), Oregon (OR), Utah (UT), Washington (WA) and Wyoming (WY) who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the time of their Entry (defined below), unless prohibited by local laws and regulations (each eligible entrant a “Participant”). You are not eligible if you are: (a) an employee of any of Sponsor, its affiliates or subsidiaries, or any other party in any way involved in the development or administration of this Giveaway, including advertising and promotional agencies, public relations agencies, suppliers of materials or services or Prizes (defined below) related to the Giveaway, or (b) a member of the immediate family (e.g., spouse, parents, siblings, and children, regardless of where they reside) or household member of any such employee. Groups, associations, and entities cannot participate. This Giveaway is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, municipal, territorial, and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility requirements.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Giveaway constitutes the Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects, without right of appeal, in all matters relating to the Giveaway and the awarding of Prizes (defined below). Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Giveaway begins at 12:00am PST on August 16, 2023 and ends at 11:59pm PST on October 31, 2023 (the “Entry Period”). Entries (defined below) that are submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Participant must complete each of the following actions during the Entry Period (all are required for entry):
- Visit the Giveaway webpage: columbiahospitality.com/dream-i-do;
- Fill out the Dream I Do entry form in its entirety;
- Submit the Dream I Do entry form through the Giveaway webpage.
Participants are automatically entered once they have done each of the above by 11:59pm PDT on October 31, 2023 (completion of the requirements being “Entry”). No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter to win. Making a purchase will not enhance your chances of winning. Each person is permitted to enter a maximum of one (1) Entry during the Entry Period. There will be no credit for fraudulent, multiple, bot, automated, or spam Entries, each as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. False or deceptive acts entries or acts will render prospective Participants ineligible. Sponsor is not responsible for, and will not accept, any late, lost, incomplete, invalid, illegible, undelivered, or misdirected Entry, which will be disqualified, or responsible for any error, whether human, technical, or otherwise, including, without limitation, any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone, cable, or wireless networks or lines, computer online systems or servers, computer hardware or software problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website. Sponsor assumes no liability for harm to any person’s computer resulting from participating or attempting to participate in the Giveaway. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid Entry will be the computer servers of Sponsor. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt. Any Entry that does not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of these Official Rules, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, may be judged void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Participant found to be tampering with the operations of the Giveaway, acting in violation of these Official Rules, acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a Participant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the Entry will be deemed to be the Participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
By entering the Giveaway, you represent and warrant that you are the owner of any and all materials and information, including photos, videos, and personal information, submitted by you in connection with the Giveaway and you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Sponsor an irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, paid-up, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part), transfer, distribute any such materials for any purpose and in any format on or in connection with the digital property where the Giveaway Entry form is published or its affiliated or partner sites, the Sponsor’s respective businesses, or the promotion thereof, prepare derivative works, incorporate into other works and/or grant and authorize sub-licenses of the foregoing. Submissions must not, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content, and submissions must not infringe any intellectual property rights of third parties. You furthermore represent and warrant that all persons and entities connected with the materials and information submitted in connection with the Giveaway, and all other persons and entities whose names, voices, photographs, likenesses, works, services, and materials have been used in such materials/information or its/their exploitation, have authorized the use of their names, voices, photographs, likenesses, performances, and biographical data in connection with the promotion, trade and other exploitation of the materials and information the rights granted herein.
Participant can submit an Entry for any or all of the five (5) outlined wedding packages offered as part of the Giveaway.
- JUDGING: On or about November 1, 2023 (the “Drawing Date”) one (1) potential winner from all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period will be selected at random by Sponsor for each of the five (5) Prizes in the Giveaway (“Winners”). The drawing will take place at the business address of Sponsor. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received and may vary based on the number of Prizes that a Participant chooses to be eligible for in connection with an Entry.
- PRIZE EXPLANATION: Each of the five (5) Winners will receive one of the following outlined prizes (“Prizes”) towards the Winners’ weddings taking place between the Drawing Date and March 31, 2024. Winners may have the option to upgrade portions of their Prizes at their sole cost and expense. All Prizes are subject to availability and blackout dates. Prizes must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, and each Prize will only be awarded to one (1) winner. Prizes are non-refundable and not convertible to cash. Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value (based on the approximate retail value of the Prize as stated in these Official Rules), including without limitation, a cash award, if the Prize or Prize component cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein, including, but not limited to, any and all license and registration fees, accommodations, transportation costs, gratuities and all other items of an incidental nature. Payment of all federal, state and local taxes related to the Prize is the sole responsibility of Winner. In no event will more than the stated number of Prizes be awarded. Prizes may not be redeemed in conjunction with any other promotional offer(s).
Bell Harbor International Conference Center Prize:
TOTAL VALUE: $10,000+ for up to 75 guests
All of December 2023 is deemed to be blackout dates with respect to this Prize.
- Two (2) hour setup period followed by four (4) hours for the ceremony and reception
- One (1) hour for event teardown
- Dedicated support for on-site event assistance, concierge, or banquet manager to oversee
- All menu items must be selected from Bliss Menu
- Use of house cocktail tables, dining tables, grey banquet chairs, house linens, napkins, in-house china, silver flatware, and wine and champagne glassware
- Three (3) votive candles per table
- Use of in-house dance floor and staging
- Plated dinner with three (3) tray-pass appetizers
- One (1) salad per guest
- One (1) vegetable or protein entrée per guest
- Wine, beer, and nonalcoholic beverage package selection for four (4) hours
- Complimentary cake cutting
Echo Falls Golf Club/The Heathman Hotel
TOTAL VALUE: $8,500 for up to 50 guests
This Prize includes a wedding reception, ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception between Echo Falls Golf Club and The Heathman Hotel Kirkland. Saturdays are deemed blackout dates with respect to this Prize.
- Choice of location in the woods or by the waterfall ($1,000 value)
- One (1) hour rehearsal at Echo Falls Golf Club one to two (1-2) days prior to the ceremony
- The Lake Room reception ($1,500 value)
- Use of suites for the wedding party with waived rental and food and beverage minimum ($300 value)
- Overnight stay at The Heathman Hotel Kirkland in a suite for the Winner (approximately $500 value) including champagne welcome, rose petals, and room service ($100 value)
- Welcome reception at The Heathman Hotel Kirkland for all guests with one (1) drink per guest (30 guests max for a $300 value), complimentary bartender services ($150 value), and three (3) tray-passed appetizers (30 guests max for a $900 value)
- Complimentary room rental for Winner ($750 value) and 20% discount on guest rooms for wedding guests
- In partnership with vendors, this package will include a florist to provide bouquet and
boutonniere (ability to add on at the expense of the Winner)
- Single entrée dinner buffet ($60 value per guest) with the ability to upgrade or add on to dinner at the Winner’s expense
- Beverage choice at an additional cost to the Winner
- Package dinner service includes coffee, tea, and tabletop water service; dinner rolls and butter; salad; choice of two (2) sides; one (1) main entrée
TOTAL VALUE: $150 per guest to up to 50 guests
This Prize includes Hotel Interurban’s Mount Si Ceremony and Reception package.
- Hotel Interurban’s Mount Si Ceremony and Reception package
- Use of Chivari chairs for reception
- Use of in-house floor-length linens
- Use of in-house cloth napkins
- Current seasonal wedding menu with choice of menu to include: one (1) salad, two (2) entrees (protein, starch, vegetable), and coffee and non-alcoholic beverage station
-Appetizers, desserts, alcoholic beverages, additional salad or entrees will incur an upgrade fee at the cost of the winner
The Marcus Whitman
TOTAL VALUE: $3,800 for up to 10 guests
- Ceremony for up to ten (10) people
- Use of microphones, portable speakers, house sound systems, and
house tables and chairs
- Ceremony room rental ($1,500 value)
- Upgraded room for the Winner
- Suite space for the wedding party to get ready
- Prize honors any of the current banquet menus
- Bar setup
- Two (2) tray-passed appetizers
- Three (3)-course dinner for all guests
- Hosted coffee, tea and water
- Three (3) bottles of house red by L’Ecole and three (3) bottles of house white by L’Ecole
TOTAL VALUE: $10,000 for up to 50 people. December 2023 is unavailable for this Prize.
- Access to Smith Tower’s lobby and 22nd floor for an elopement or small ceremony, reception, and photo session, with two (2) hours dedicated to reception time
- The Winner can utilize the 35th floor observatory and Observatory Bar prior to the ceremony for a private (1 hour) photoshoot featuring the 360-degree views of downtown Seattle, Mount Rainier, The Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound
- Photographer(s) will not be provided in the Giveaway
- Use of house linens, napkins, glassware, china, and flatware for the ceremony, reception, and/or photo session
- Catering featuring tray-passed appetizers, buffet style meal, three (3) hour access to wine and beer selections (including ceremony and reception)
- Complimentary cake cutting
- PRIZE NOTIFICATION AND FULFILLMENT: Each potential Winner will be contacted by Sponsor on or about the Drawing Date via the email address provided in such potential Winner’s Entry and may be asked for further explanation on their initial answers submitted through the website form. Each potential Winner will be required to respond to each message within seventy-two (72) hours of the notification attempt. Before being confirmed as a Winner, the selected Entrants will be required to sign and return legal documentation as requested by Sponsor within seventy-two (72) hours of receipt thereof, including, without limitation, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver, and a W-9 Form (collectively, the “Paperwork”). The Paperwork will require the potential Winner to furnish such person’s Social Security Number for the sole purpose of tax reporting, as required by law. In the event a potential Winner is determined to be ineligible in accordance with these Official Rules (including failure to respond to any notification attempt or to sign and return Paperwork within the specified time), such Prize may, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner in a separate random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. No one is a Winner unless and until Sponsor officially confirms such person as a Winner in accordance with these Official Rules. Subject to the foregoing requirements, the applicable Prize will be sent to the Winner via email at [email protected], and Sponsor may contact Winner if more information is needed. The Winner will be connected via email with the Prize property’s team to redeem the winning package. The Prize will be claimed through the property directly.
Prize(s) must be redeemed and associated events must take place before March 31, 2024. All Prizes are subject to blackout dates and current availability. In the event that a Winner fails to redeem a Prize within the specified timeframe, the Prize will be forfeited.
- INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering, each Participant agrees to defend, indemnify and otherwise hold Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, promotion and distribution partners (including Facebook and Instagram), suppliers of materials or services or prizes related to the Giveaway, and other parties in any way involved in the development or administration of the Giveaway (including advertising and promotional agencies, public relations agencies), and its and their respective members, shareholders, partners, agents, officers, directors, and/or employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) harmless from and against any and all liability of any nature whatsoever arising out of or relating to (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway by or directed by Participant; (b) breaches of or inaccuracies in any representations or warranties of, or license grants by, Participant or breach by Participant of any other terms and conditions contained herein; and/or (c) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any Prize, including any such claim by the Released Parties’ employees or agents or any third parties.
By entering this Giveaway, each Participant, to the extent permitted by applicable law: (1) agrees to release, and hereby does release, Sponsor and each of the Released Parties from any and all liability for any claims, actions, demands, injury, loss, harm, damages, costs, expenses, and/or liabilities of any nature, including, without limitation, property damages, personal injury and/or death, arising out of the administration of or Participant’s participation or attempted participation in this Giveaway, the selection and confirmation of Winners, or the awarding, acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize or any portion thereof, (2) waives any and all claims against Sponsor and each of the Released Parties based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, or any other intellectual property or privacy right, and (3) acknowledges that neither Sponsor nor any other party acting on behalf of Sponsor has made or is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize or portion thereof, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. This waiver and release specifically extends to claims or portions of claims alleging or arising as the result of Released Parties’ negligence.
Sponsor will not be liable for any damages whatsoever related to or arising from (a) any technical errors that may prevent any Participant from participating in any way; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; and/or (c) errors in the administration of the Giveaway.
Participant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Participant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ aggregate liability for all claims will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event will the Released Parties be liable for attorneys' fees.
Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that the foregoing releases and waivers specifically extend to the following, the protections of which the Participant specifically waives: California Civil Code Section 1542: A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.
- DISPUTES: Except where and to the extent prohibited by law, each Participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or any prize awarded will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, Participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Washington. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS PROMOTION, WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion and at any time, (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules (b) award the Prizes from among the eligible Entries received up to the time of the impairment and/or (c) terminate the Giveaway. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure or delay by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. By entering the Giveaway, the Participant acknowledges they have read, understood, and agree to the Giveaway’s Official Rules. These Official Rules will govern in the event of any inconsistency with other Giveaway-related materials. All intellectual property, including, but not limited, to trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans, and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates and/or the Prize suppliers. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. For questions or more information or to submit comments about this Giveaway, please contact Sponsor via email at [email protected]
. For a copy of these rules, addendum, and/or list of winners please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Sponsor at 2200 Alaskan Way, Suite 200 Seattle, WA 98121 within 120 days of the end of the Entry Period.